ANNUAL WELLNESS VISIT
Medicare Annual Wellness Visit Identification (AWV)
Government Data Services (GDS) works with your practice to increase the number of Annual Wellness Visits delivered per year.
How many of your Medicare patients are overdue for an Annual Wellness Visit?
Less than 20% of all individuals enrolled in Medicare complete an Annual Wellness Visit (AWV). The AWV is essential for evaluating the health of a patient and to identify issues that need treatment and monitoring. Delivering AWV’s to your patients drives patient compliance, improves quality measures, and provides additional revenue to the practice. The AWV is not subject to a co-pay or deductible, so the revenue generated from these visits will be paid in full by Medicare without the burden of any out-of-pocket expense for your patients and without the hassle of dealing with uncollectible balances.
GDS will screen your Medicare patient population using the CMS databases to identify any patients currently enrolled in Medicare Part B who have also not received an AWV within the last 12 months from any provider. The screening will take place monthly, saving your staff hours of time while ensuring that AWV’s are scheduled timely for each patient.
With the increased emphasis on quality, delivering AWV’s to Medicare patients in your practice will be key in monitoring the health of and capturing quality measures for your patients.
- Identify all active Medicare patients in your practice in need of an AWV who have not had an AWV visit billed to Medicare in at least the last 12 months by any provider.
- Our analysis will let you know how many of your Medicare patients (and what percentage of them) have ever had an AWV and how many and what percentage have not had an AWV in the last 12 months.
- Our analysis can also let you know how many have not had an AWV in the last 9 months and are candidates to be scheduled for another AWV for that patient.
- Once the Medicare Part B patients in need of an AWV are identified, get as many of them scheduled as possible.
- Get monthly updates on patients newly eligible and overdue for an AWV.
- Keep as many patients as possible on a regular AWV schedule. Don’t let them fall through the cracks.
- Determine if patients unwilling to have an AWV need to stay with your practice.
- If your practice becomes too busy with compliant patients who are willing to have an AWV, consider transitioning non-compliment patients out of your practice.
Data requirements are simple and likely overlap other analyses performed internally, by others, and/or by GDS.
It is this easy:
- Engage with GDS.
- Complete authorization forms if you do not already have authorizations in place with GDS.
- Provide GDS with a data file of containing all your active Medicare patients.